Friday, 11 March 2022

Coral test

I am still working on my character, but this week I also created a test version of coral. Then I brought it to the printing lab and was told that we should try to print it without the supports. I was excited to do it, as process of removing the supports seems to be the most difficult part so far. 

Coral in Zbrush



Coral in Meshmixer, hollowed out: you can see the wholes in the bottom too

First, I added the supports, but then we decided we will try without them and turn it 90 degrees as its stands


This time I was using the printer on my own. It was exciting and scary. I still had a little supervision, but next time I will be all alone. Hope I can be trusted and I will not break anything. 
Printing pictures and result:

File is in there: layers on the screen

Wash tank, full of this:



Curing station, which is also a washing station in one. Curing hardens the resin



Print ready



Sprayed with the coat of primer




Was the printing without supports a good idea? Yes and no. Yes, because it doesn't require as much of post process. No, because I have noticed some mistakes being printed, because of the parts overhanging in the air. However, those mistakes can be fixed by applying manually a filler, clay like texture, which is very helpful. 

My progress with the Mother:
Corset: took me a while



Hair

Little crown on top



I am getting a bit slower again, but I do want to get this model to the perfection state. It is okay. Next week I will aim to finish my model entirely and complete other assets. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final outcomes, what a ride that was !

I finally finished the practical part of the project. I am still working on my dissertation, but meanwhile I will present what I created. I ...