This week I tried to elevate my character after some feedback I got during the Rookies competition discord meeting from lecturers. Some things I can not really change at this stage and some come down to the choice of colour palette when texturing, which I shall change if it is too much. I added missing shoulder pads, texture for the tail and veins for her body, which was included in the concept art. I think it does look better now.
 |
| Scale tile that I made with alpha |
Had my supervisor meeting with a very good feedback. I was however encouraged to just start writing the draft. This does not come easy to me and I struggled to write anything this week. However, I know I will manage eventually, I have needed materials, just need to start making notes and progress to writing.
I also got a feedback saying that the jar as a snow globe might be a good idea, playing to the sustainability aspect. Only thing is to find a jar that is not cheap looking and that you can see everything through it.
 |
| jar snow globes examples |
 |
| Dome shaped snow globe |
I did rethink my process and I will need to pose the ready character (high poly decimated) once I am done with a high poly. Then I should retopologize the second version, progress with the pipeline and pose it as well. It adds a little bit more work for me, but not too much if the decimated character will be realtively easy to pose inside of a ZBrush (which I wanted to practise anyway).
I have created other assets, corals, barrel and plastic bottle. This took me relatively short time.
I also went to the 3D printing lab and created another resin test, this time very small, with light supports: I wanted to test how far can I go with it. Print came out great, however I did not trim the bottom properly so it was not able to stand. Also, I thought that maybe two parts would be seperated, but they got glued together: not a big issue, but something to think about in case I wanted for the parts to be modular.
 |
| First I did it with my software but at the end export had unrecognizable format:pws |
 |
| Slicing |
 |
| new supports, software at the uni |
 |
| Print took about 5 hours |
 |
| I tested extra thin supports |
 |
| I washed it, then cured it |
 |
| With supports |
 |
| after removing supports |
 |
| I coated it in primer and left it to dry |
I also started the retopology process. I might need to relay on automatic retopology in Zbrush for some pieces, because of time running.
No comments:
Post a Comment