Monday, 7 February 2022

Concept art... completed?

 I made elevator pitch for group meeting:






I received very positive feedback and my excitement for my project is growing. Similar presentation I had done for the tutorial at the uni and students also took it well. I did not get any more comments about the scope, which I hope means that this project should be doable in time given. I have not included the new concept art sketches for my presentation, as I wanted to work on it more. Here are the new drawings of dynamic poses to understand how the character will move. 







Deciding the colours and comparing to old design


Added the turtle shoulder pads


No colours version


Posed and with a platform



Unfortunately I have not managed to start sculpting. 
I have managed to get in contact with 3D printing lab technician at our university, so that's great! He said I can come anytime and he will show me the induction to the printing. He also said that printing in PLA will be possible but resin printing gives better details. This stresses me a little bit, therefore I might need to revise the platform and model again so the printing could go right way. I also should show the concept art for him, to see what he says, if it will be possible to print. I MUST start sculpting next week. Timeline readjustment again?
Possibly.
Risk assessment and ethics application has been submitted too. 
I have change the project title since it should refer to my practical part and dissertation more:

In captivity: To investigate environmental issues in marine life, through 3D game character visual design, while exploring sculpting techniques, with the focus on eco-friendly 3D printing technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final outcomes, what a ride that was !

I finally finished the practical part of the project. I am still working on my dissertation, but meanwhile I will present what I created. I ...