Sunday, 5 December 2021

Week 11: Software choices + rocking lit review

 I am nearly finished with the whole proposal, literature review is also nearly finished which makes me really happy. I need to only check back my bibliography too. This week I have been busy updating my portfolio document and starting on character sketches too, which I will publish once I finish it for all the ideas.

I also tested Marmoset software: unfortunately I can only watch the tutorials, as software has only 30-day free trial, which I might need later in 2nd semester.

I also found texturing alternative: ArmorPaint and Mixer. Wirth both I can not figure out the process of baking maps, which means I either use Substance 3D Painter at the uni and finish texturing with one of those softwares, or I do everything in Marmoset Toolbag. Decisions, decisions. I shall make one, once I start working on the module.



So far I feel like I am quite organised. I also had my supervisor meeting, where I got answered all my remaining questions, that I had about the proposal. I also got promised that I will be able to attend 3D printing workshop at the uni, which will help me doing my printing tests. I also got recommended good 3D printing art websites, connected to environmental issues too. 

Let's keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final outcomes, what a ride that was !

I finally finished the practical part of the project. I am still working on my dissertation, but meanwhile I will present what I created. I ...