Last two weeks were quite busy for me as I was working on my presentation and try to round up my subject and research areas for this project. I think I finally sort of figured it out.
Just for the case of the catch up, during the tutorial on week 5 we looked closer into research fields for our projects:
I have done more notes from the last two lectures in week 6.
- read and make notes about the characters and storytelling books: I have gathered needed books so far and made notes. I will be focusing only on telling the story through characters visual design.- flip through the marine biology book: is it too technical? Have a look at Dundee other library for more about sea animals: I think I will use the book I have but also look into documentaries such as Blue Planet on Netflix: those might be more helpful in terms of sea life and environmental issues.
After I tried to form the title for my project/dissertation. At the moment I decided on this:
To investigate effects of Oceans environmental issues in marine life through 3D game character visual design, while exploring sculpting techniques development with the focus on eco-friendly 3D printing technology.
In the tutorial for week 6 we tried to pick a source for our research, decide and explain why we think that it would be beneficial to use it. From there I started to look into 3D printing. Currently I am gathering a document with links to articles, papers and videos, which will help me understand the process of it, find advantages and eco-friendly ways of doing it.
Next steps to take:
Next week:
-start presentation: in progress
-try making the globe as soon as the stuff arrives (record a video): if the stuff comes on time I will try to make one!
-carry on reading about characters/marine life/find books on 3D printing:3D printing would be easier to find on the internet through articles, papers and videos.
-start sketches of the character
No comments:
Post a Comment